When you think about your entire plumbing system, you’re probably picturing a toilet, faucets, a bathtub, etc. However, the reality is that your home’s plumbing system is much more than a few fixtures. The fact is that there are several smaller parts which make those fixtures work and are considered the most important components of the system itself.
The following are the 5 most important parts in your plumbing system:
- Water main valve – This component controls the flow of water in your home. In the event of a pipe burst or leak, shutting off the water main valve can stop those types of disasters from becoming worse. It is often located in the basement or crawl space of your home.
- Water meters – This component gives you an insight of your system’s health. Furthermore, there are several modern water meters capable of detecting leaks in your home and provide you with detailed information on your water usage. Being able to read the water meter enables you to save money on future water bills by managing the water usage throughout your home.
- Cut-off valves – These are often located near your toilet or sinks, in the event you need to cut off the flow of water due to overflowing or clogging.
- Gas, electric, and hot water valves – These parts control important resources and can be shut off when necessary, such as when water from your water heater gets too hot. In addition, gas and electric valves prove helpful based on what fuels your water heater uses.
- Water pressure regulators – This component shows the pressure of your water flow, which can be helpful when your home’s water pressure needs to be reduced.
If you are interested in plumbing repairs, maintenance, or repiping, contact Duran & Sons Universal Plumbing & Rooter and schedule an appointment with our licensed San Fernando Valley plumbers.