Tax season is quickly approaching, which means you are probably putting together everything you need to file successfully. As you prepare, it is important to note if your plumbing qualifies for tax credits or incentives. Doing so could save you tons of money during taxes. Our San Fernando plumbers have put together a list of information to help you determine whether or not you could qualify for tax credits.
Tax credits you can receive for plumbing include:
- Gas or Electric Water Heater – You can receive a $300 tax credit on products with a thermal efficiency of 90% or higher.
- Solar Water Heaters – You can receive a tax credit of 30% of the cost of the water heater and installation. It requires that the water use is for inside, rather than pools, hot tubs, etc.
Don’t have these now? Prepare for the future!
If you don’t qualify for these tax credits now, there is still a way to cash in on your next taxes. There are a number of things you can do to prepare your home and make it compliant to efficient energy incentives.
Three ways you can plan for the next time you file your taxes:
- Install a new water heater: Choosing a water heater that is designed for efficiency will not only save you tons on energy bills, but you can qualify for the tax credit if it has at least 90% thermal efficiency. Our San Fernando plumbers can help you choose the right water heater for you.
- Regular maintenance: To ensure your water heater is running as efficiently as possible, regular maintenance services are necessary. During a service, a plumber will ensure everything in your unit is cleaned, working, and running smoothly.
- Look for energy efficient products: Staying on top of energy efficiency and the newest products can help you stay ahead of the curve. Learn about new ways to improve your home and make it as efficient as possible.
Contact Duran & Sons Universal Plumbing & Rooter today to learn more about how you can save big with your plumbing and how our plumbing company can help!